"The client and I have many more similarities than differences."
My name is Lee Ferguson. I am originally from the U.S. and have been living in the Munich area for the past eight years. Before moving to Germany, I lived in China for 15 years while running a home décor sourcing company. I received my BS in Commerce and Business Administration from The University of Alabama and have a master’s degree in Counseling from The Townsend Institute at Concordia University in Irvine, California.
The foundation of my counseling is based on a psychodynamic perspective and the belief that as a counselor, the client and I have many more similarities than differences. Having been an expatriate for over two decades in two different countries, I am familiar with the challenges of work and family life away from your country of origin. My own life experiences of helping me face challenges have created empathy and a desire to help others.
Availability and Bookings
Areas of Specialization
Areas of Work
- Relationship Issues (i.e., Family, work, friends, partners)
- Substance use
- Cultural stress
- Existential questions and Spiritual exploration
- Emotional struggles (sadness, grief, stress, anger, fear, anxiety etc.)
- Personality asessment for character development and job placement
- Parenting issues
- Group Therapy
- Student Counseling
- Athletes and competition
- Member of the American Counseling Association
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- European Branch of the American Counseling Association